Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-06-05

Flu Jab

I read from the news recently that the number of people contracting flu virus has increased in May 08. I always forget to bring my family for the flu jab until they get sick.

Yesterday morning, we finally went for the flu jab. I was told that the latest batch of vacin is for the Southern Hemisphere.

I was so afraid that Zac will freak out. To my surprise, he did not even jerk his arm. Amos cried a little, I think it was the position my helper held on to him he felt the pain more. Due to his age, he was only give 1/2 a dose & injected onto his left thigh. The 2 kids have to go for the booster dose a month later.

Doctor says that there are side effect like fever and infection to the affected area.

Nearly a day has passed, so far so good.... looks like everyone looks well :):)

17 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Amel said...

GREAT to hear that everyone looks well! ;-D

J@n!ce said...

Amel : That's rite, thanks :)

WaterLearner said...

Wow flu jab for everyone? going holiday ah? But then, prevention is always better than cure. :-)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Yes, prevention is better than cure :)

Nessa said...

Hi Janice :)

I didn't know one can ask for a flu jab. Must be the weather, hot then rain then hot then rain again.

My son had a mild fever with flu a couple of weeks back but I didn't bring him to the doctor. I normally just give him the cough syrup and some tablets. He's recovered, thank God :)

Happy 1yr anniversary to your blog! :D

J@n!ce said...

Nessa : Nice to see you here. I normally will give my boys medicine that we had collected from doctors from previous visits to give to them for mild conditions. If they still cant recover, we will then bring them to the doctor perhaps to get antibiotics :)

Blur Ting said...

It's a good move. You're see the benefits in the long run!

Anonymous said...

Zac's a brave boy! kids always give surprises, when you think they are gonna cry, they didn't, when you think they are gonna smile, they wailed....oh that's kids, and how I love being surronded by them.

chartao said...

Zac is very brave..

kor kor salute you!!

J@n!ce said...

Blur : I really hope so too. At least the chances of them getting sick is minimized now :)

J@n!ce said...

Angeline : You are absolutely right. They will misbehave when we are least expected !! :)

LZmommy said...

WEll done Zac! He is a big boy now :) Side effect? Oh I didn't know abt that. My doc din tell us...

J@n!ce said...

Jane : There is side effects. My helper just told me that she cant sleep the whole night cos whole body ache, esp the arms. She got slight fever. I only knew it this morning that she was unwell. Luckily she is better now :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

jan, my dad used to always say, "Prevention is better than cure!" Looks like u did a good job in getting yr two boys protected! :)

Bravo to Zac & Amos! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Yes, I believe in that too :)

Chinneeq said...

i have heard a lot of these flu jabs but so far, have not let qiqi take any of them. Am thinking to let her antibody work by itself :p

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! I brought 2 special lollies for the boys! :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape