Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-02-28

Throwback Thursday : Beautiful Bali


Our hotel at Hard Rock Bali


Dipping in their beautiful waters at the hotel


Lunch on hill top, overlooking volcano.... awesome !!


Kuta Beach


My first diving attempt... totally panicky...haha ;)
Hubs (left), Me (Right), Instructor ( Centre)


68 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

FL Sam said...

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel and visited the same restaurant that overlook the volcano. Did to try the seafood at by the beach at Jimbaran? :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gee Janice, I would have been panicky if I ever did any diving, seeing as how I can't even swim in the first place ... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : So coincident. We don't have chance to visit Jimbaran. We are most of the time at kuta. The lunch overlooking the volcano is an added on, it is not part of our travel package. Oh well, it was a fun trip & really nice view & good food there :)

Blur Ting said...

Wah, so nice! Must be before the kids came along? I have never done scuba diving...got phobia

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Even though I know how to swim, my legs are weak when I am down there. LOL :D

chartao said...

it seems you have a fun time in Bali!!

never been there before!

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Nope, we went for the trip last year I think just a few weeks before CNY. My maid & MIL help to take care of the boys then :)

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : You should go there if you get a chance for a short trip. Its a friendly island. Stay at HR hotel. The gigantic pool & beautiful scenery alone makes it all so worth it :)

Anonymous said...

wow!! now i wanna go to bali too!! is it safe there? how is hard rock cafe hotel

J@n!ce said...

Wen : We went after the Bali Bombing, visited the bomb site too. Everywhere is not safe actually, you duno when something will just occur. Life is just unpredictable. Its all fated.

The hotel is just beautiful, slightly more costly than the normal hotel there :)

Mariuca said...

Janice, u're so clever he he he.. even the pic of u and hubby having lunch overlooking the volcano, hubby can't be seen, so still dunno how he looks like lolz...

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : LOL.... I din realized that the photo was so black until you mentioned it. That was a very nice scenery of the volcano. I though you've already seen him before. I've posted his pic earlier :)

Juliana said...

wow... you have nice vacation in Bali. Too hot for you or not the weather?? For me and my hubby well :D

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I like the diving photo looks nice :) How I wish I can go for holidays too.

Agnes said...

Hi Janice,
nice photo....i haven been to Bali yet...will sure visit this place some day ...

Amel said...

GREAT pics, Jan!!! I LOVE that diving pic he he he...I didn't try it, though he he he...;-D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures with a romantic couple :) It is so evident that you enjoyed your vacation.

J@n!ce said...

Moma Joy : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Its was really a fun trip. The weather is really hot then. I got sun burnt :)

J@n!ce said...

Eva : How I wish I can go for vacation again ;p

J@n!ce said...

Agnes : Got there for a short visit if you get the chance :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : You went there before too. I din expect to try diving. I've never thought of doing it until that very moment, my hubs suggested that we tried. I'm actually very worried & stress after the payment was made.... (we had to pay before going for the dive) keke ;p

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : It was our only vacation last year :)

Anonymous said...

you lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

wonderful trip you got..

I scared to go to diving tooo..

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : I build up so much courage to go down there, less than 10mins actually cos I'm so panic & used up too much oxygen than normal pple would... LOL :D

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan! it's great to be on holidays! great pics and what a great experience in scuba diving! maybe me & my darling should try Bali! :)

marzie: yeah, jan was right. I think she has revealed Leslie to us before. Hehe.. u forgetful huh!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Yes, you & Martin can consider Bali. haha.... Marzie forgetful lah !! ;p

LadyJava said...

I love Bali Janice. I was there twice and both times stayed at Club Med! It is really a beautiful place to visit and I'm sure you enjoyed it as much as I had!

LadyJava said...

Hey did you try the white water rafting???

LadyJava said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Janice,
You are so brave for diving. Although I grew up in the tropical island of Okinawa, Japan, I never tried diving:-( I was always afraid. It looks like that you guys had a lot of fun in Bali!!!!

Health Freak Mommy said...

What an awesome vacation! How envious of me!

Chinneeq said...

janice, only the 2 of u?

Amel said...

Oh yes, I remember the experience: having to pay first before doing anything ha ha ha...We only went on the glass-bottom boat and stopped by at the turtle island he he...

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Wow... you've been to Bali twice. Must be quite familiar with the place then. I've not tried the water rafting you mention. Is it fun? :)

J@n!ce said...

Hipmommy : I'm actually very scare, the thought of going down water & breathing thru the mouth piece just scare me off. I'm glad that I tried it. I'm still scare thinking of it now. I don't think I will want to try it again... haha :D

J@n!ce said...

shireen : Ask you hubs to bring you there for a short trip ;p

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Yups, only the 2 of us :D

J@n!ce said...

Amel : A group of malay went on board the glass bottom boat too. They are from the same tour group as us. What did you get to see thru the glass? :)

Anonymous said...

wow congratulations! i understand how you feel but its fun right? i dived 3 times in philippines and i really love it. i hope we can dive together one day janice

coolingstar9 said...

Hi,
Very interesting blogs, just drop by.
Have a nice day.

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, i wanted to always visit Bali. Hope to bring my family there one day. Which hotel is the best in bali? Is it Hard Rock Hotel? Very difficult to travel nowadays with young kid. Cheers!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

wow.. the diving looks great.. tried it once only.. a hell of a great experienced.

How many days did ur spent in Bali? Besides the sun, sand and the sea, wat's interesting to visit in Bali leh?

Bobby Revell said...

Hi Janice! I never sat that close to a volcano before - I'm so happy it didn't erupt during dessert!

Anonymous said...

Is that where you were? I am totally jealous!

J@n!ce said...

Francine : I duno when I would ever dive again. I'm quite scare to be frank ;p

J@n!ce said...

Coolingstar : Hi :)

J@n!ce said...

MT : I'm not sure which is the best hotel. Friend recommended HR hotel to us. It was a good choice. We did not regret :)

J@n!ce said...

Kev : It was more of a getaway for us with family. I mean just the 2 of us (hubs & I). :)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : I'm glad it didn't explode too... wahahaha :D

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : You are always welcome to visit the island, jealous no more... hehe ;p

LadyJava said...

Janice.. it was really fun.. if you have a chance to visit Bali again, you should really try it out..though i was nearly thrown overboard.. but soo thrilling lahhh!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool, Bali...! wow diving, i would like to try one too...do u have the diving licence?

Heart of Rachel said...

What a grand vacation. That looks like a perfect place to have lunch especially with such a breathtaking view.

Congratulations on your first diving. I'm sure you had a great time.

J@n!ce said...

LJ : I don't think I will visit Bali again unless it is sponsered... haha... I've got too many countries I've not visit. Do you have pic to show me? You nearly thrown overboard... sounded scary to me. I'm scare my contact lens will drop off... hehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

jong : Nope, I don't have the license. It is only 10 mins of theory & off we went on our first diving expedition :)

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : Yes, I had a great time then :)

LadyJava said...

Janice.. yeap got pictures but need to scan them it first.. yeah I was wearing my contacts too but so far both experiences were syiok and thank god no mishap...lolzz

J@n!ce said...

LJ : When you get to post them, do let me know. I cant imagine my contacts in the water. I'm virtually blind then... haha :D

darlene said...

omg...Janice....this looks like a dream come true to me.......wow!!...amazing....you are so blessed!!....

Anonymous said...

wow..had a great time,did you..?
on a side note,very interesting blogs

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

Mac : Thanks for visiting :)

Anonymous said...

hi janice..looking at those photos remind me of my great vacation to jakarta last year..never been to bali,I'm quite dissapointed..great place,I'm jealous!!

J@n!ce said...

Art : You should try to visit Bali if you get a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

hi all..I never been to jakarta or bali,but based on these photos,I can tell it's a great place..:)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape