Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-04-28

Where is my Play-Doh?

Zac told me the other day that how come I never buy "Play-Doh" for him. I was very reluctant to buy bcos of the mess that it will create and also afraid Amos will unknowingly consume the "doh".
On my recent shopping trip, I ran out of toys to buy for the boys. So happened that the "Play-Doh" was on offer... ... and also the fact that I promised to get the boys a present this month from their good performance in their rewards book. Zac is leading with 5 star now & Amos is 4.

I din know that the "doh" is so soft. I have an impression its like "plastersine" but I'm wrong.
Its really very fun but messy and it gets stuck in between the nails if not washed clean after that.

Zac loves to play with this purple tools that cuts the doh into fine strips.


Amos was beaming with joy and he tried on all sorts of tools/stencils he could grab on. With such a fun toy, he totally forgotten that he's still nursing a weak body. His fever is under control now but his persistent cough will still trigger him to throw out. He has lost some weight definitely... sigh !! *heartache*


Who wouldn't love Amos? Such a darling boy to help me to keep the toys after play.... awwww.... *hugs*hugs* !!
Amos, get well soon so that you could return to school ok?

30 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Jackie said...

Hi Janice,
I am back from a very needed rest. I was getting down right cranky after 656 posts.

I simply had to stop by and send you and the boys my love.

I am so sorry to hear that amos is not feeling well. I will keep him in my prayers.

But, my oh my, I think you may just have two budding artists on your hands there. They are doing a fantastic job with their play-doh.
Blessings of cheer and peace,
Jackie

WaterLearner said...

Wow Amos is really a big boy now. Keeping his own toys! Have a Great Week Ahead Jan!!

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Where have you been? Thanks for visiting me and the boys when you returned.

Love ya ;)

LZmommy said...

Playdoh! It's the kids all the favourite :)
Amos is such a darling, not feeling well and still helped mommy keep the toys. WEll dopne Amos!
So did he get another star for that? :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : It has slowly become a habit for him to keep the toys. *clap*clap*

J@n!ce said...

Jane : He is such a friendly little helper. Totally deserving yet another star for that. ;)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi jan! when i was a kid, i love plastersine. So when they came out with this playdoh & its 'tools', i was thrilled. I had an ice-cream machine. It was fun!

My darling & I was planning to buy chloe a playdoh set when she's older, mayb 6 more months. Like u said, we wouldn't want the kids to consume the 'doh'. :)

Zac looks like he's enjoying himself so much wt the purple tool. hehe..

i am glad that amos is smiling cheerfully. I was so worried about him when you said his mucus turned yellow oledi. Hope he'll get well soon! Love Love!! *muaks*

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Looks like we have the same fear too. Definitely better to let them play when older.

The play-doh temp puts his mind off his sickness. At least he could still play indoor despite unwell. YAY :)

Blur Ting said...

I didn't know Playdoh is so much fun! Like you, I always thought it is messy and gets stuck everywhere.

Your little one is such a darling. So responsible too. Hope he gets well soon.

The hot weather and bugs going around is no good for kids. Take care.

J@n!ce said...

Blur : We have same thoughts abt the playdoh. It is still as messy. I have to clean the table, the floor, the boys ...etc after each play. *sweat*

...but so long they are happy :)

levian said...

such lovely photographs !! :D

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan, glad Amos is getting better. Take care of yourself too ya. Have a good week.

Mariuca said...

Oh I love play doh too he he! Can make so many cool stuff. Good buy Janice, the boys will love it for sure!

PS. Here's a choc shake for Amos, hope he's feeling better and won't lose too much weight! :)

Trinity said...

Janice, don't worry about the mess, playdoh is very good for their fingers and hands.. build creativity as well..

Hugs for Amos, get well soon dear!!

J@n!ce said...

Levian : Nice to see you back here. Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

MT : Thanks. Take good care of your family too :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Thanks. Yummy choco shake. Cool. My little boy is gonna love you for that ;p

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Yes, good for their motor skills & build creativity :)

chartao said...

the play-doh looked fun! I forget whether i had played with it in the past.

just remember to ask them to wash the hand clean before any meal.

this is a training for amos and zac creativity!!

so amos feeling better?

J@n!ce said...

Leonard : He is back to school today. School informed us that we have to get a bottle of hand santizier for the child to use and label it with their names. I realized that not many kids are back to school. I bet many are also unwell. Sigh.... !!

Juliana said...

I like to see your boys play together like that, Janice :D

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Yes, they kept each other company. When are you getting Jason a little playmate? ;p

Heart of Rachel said...

Fun photos of the kids playing with clay. Yohan loves Play Doh too. I bought him all kinds of Play Doh accessories. We love playing together and making all kinds of fun shapes.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : I may get the breakfast set for them cos I'm more into actually preparing their breakfast nowdays ;)

Anonymous said...

very messy but kids love it!!!

J@n!ce said...

Wendy : Definitely :)

Adrian said...

Janice!! Guess what...when my wife was in Singapore a couple of weeks back she also bought Play dough for Ellie!! LOL What a coincidence!! Ellie loves to play with her play dought oo...she has one kitchen set and wifey bought her the breakfast set! Nice to see the boys getting their hands into the "cooking"!!

Cheers!

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : So coincident, where did wifey get the playDOH? Metro is having 20% sales for the past days. Ellie has got 2 sets now. How cool !! :)

Mariuca said...

Aiyo Jan!! I refreshed ur blog more than 10 times but still can't see ANYTHING at ur sidebar! :(

Guess I can't drop off my EC here today. I'll come by with MPG later. :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : How sad you got problem loading my side bar. Hope it will be resolved in a while. I cant miss your drops lah... hehe ;)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape