Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-07-11

Throat Infection is the CULPRIT

Amos' fever is going a 'roller coaster' ride with us !! :(

Yesterday afternoon was back to normal but in the middle of the night, IT went UP again. The HIGHEST was 39.7 degree. He was moaning in pain the whole night. The weak sound from him was hard to bear.... :~(

The fever came down again when we gave him 'Brufen' (a stronger pain killer than paracetamol, only to be given if fever exceed 39 degree) , with that he felt better & could slightly take a rest...................*phew*

BUT, this morning.... IT went UP again 38.3 degree ........ OMG, I quickly rush him to the clinic. There is no sign of running nose or cough, just FEVER. After the doctor check on him, we then realized that he has a throat infection. The bacteria flow through his blood stream which in turn triggers a fever. So now I know that when a person is sick, it may not start off with sore throat, running nose & cough..... It can also be fever first then running nose & cough.

Doctor gave him anti-biotic to treat the throat infection. Hopefully the fever will come down. However, he warn us that Amos may still have running nose & cough after that !!

Looks like there is going to be more sleepless night to come......

Whenever my hub went on biz trip or a few days before the trip. One of the boys will be sick. *touch wood* But, this is really true. Guess what, papa flew off today & Amos was sick since yesterday..... I think the boys are protesting, they want papa to be at home with them!!

13 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

It's good that at least u took him 2c the doc oredi Janice. You sound like such a good devoted mom, hopefully I'll be like you when I have kids of my own one day :) :) :)

Trix said...

Hello again from your Spice,
Listen, its so sad to hear your boy is ill right now! You have learnt something now about fevers and illness in children, yes, but its such a painful lesson for a parent to have to go through, watching your little one fight off an illness!I know because my girl is constantly battling chest problems lately.I am sending A Huge Bucket of Love towards your boys,and wish they are soon back to their healthy selves!!Jesse

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : You will also be a supermom I can tell from the way you give so MUCH LOVE to B & Phoebe, can see aledy mah... ;p

Jesse Spice : Thank you so much for the love & ITS A WHOLE BUCKET. I'm going to take them all for Amos. Hope he will be well soon. What happen to your gal's chest infection?

Bobby Revell said...

Young children do get sick often and that's good for their immune systems when they get older. But, you're a Mom and I know you worry, those boys don't have to worry with a mom like you:)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Thanks for seeing so HIGHLY of me. I have my WEAK days too...:)

Who is going to help me then? LOL

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

glad to find out who's the culprit behind this roller coaster. Then now, you can concentrate on curing it. More more water for lil amos. and no sharing water between amos and zac. Hehe.. im sure you already know all these.. you are like they said,a supermom! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jean : jean jie jie, thank you for your concern. i will drink lotsa water.... from lil amos

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

true anti biotics cure only viral infection, not cough and colds, you should have a separate medicine for cough and colds.

putting vicks vaporab at the sole of his feet and put socks might help and give him a good night's rest. i've read somewhere that it's effective

J@n!ce said...

HnC Momma : Yes, I have heard abt the vaporab on feet. But I thought this is only when he has a running nose? Amos at this moment still don't have yet... oppps *touch wood*
Thanks for your advise :)

Crazed Nitwit said...

Hmmm. I had a feeling Amos might be sick. Glad you got him to the doctor so he can start feeling better quickly. What is paracetol? Is that like tylenol or acetominophen(same thing)? We also use ibuprofen for fevers here and is good for sore muscles too.

Thank you so much for the extra hugs on my blog!!!

Hugs from that other Janice ;) LOL.

J@n!ce said...

Janice sis : I'm always happy to see your comment here every morning when I wake up. Paracetomol is a pain killer that is popular over at our country. You can take it when you have pains. GOod for headache also.

Hugs to you too from this smaller Janice ;) LOL

Crazed Nitwit said...

Smaller, like my younger sister? Go ahead make fun of the old Janice. Hehehe. ;) Hugs.

J@n!ce said...

Janice sis : WAhAHAhAHA

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape