Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-01-07

Singapore Science Centre

My 4th sis happened to have free tickets to Science Centre end of last year.
Its been so long since I last visited the place. Its the first time for the boys though, most of the attractions there were way too comprehensive for them to decipher at this moment. My main purpose is to bring them to the WaterWorks Exhibition for some water fun. The moment I reached the venue. I was so disappointed. See the notice there?

It read :
Dear Visitor, due to a technical fault, Waterworks Exhibition will be closed until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank You.


Completely disappointed....Brought all the necessities for the 2 boys & they cant enjoy the fun. Consider a good sunny day for December for outdoor fun .... arrrgghhhhh :(

Luckily, its the first time there for the boys so they still do not know that there is such a fun water splash area. Or else, sure will make a fuss... hehe ;p


On the right is the Science Time Capsule to be opened in the year 2011. It contains science & tech artifacts from the year 1973, 1983 & 2001.
The 2 boys turning the wheels outdoor while my sis queing up for Zac's ticket. My sis only have sufficient tickets for the adults


What a creative optic illusion.... see Zac's body "missing"? He actually entered the table from another room !! ;p


Amos.... so...oooooo CUTE, he kept touching the fruits & wanting to eat them... wahahahahaha :D:D:D:D:D:D


Zac went around to try on all the exhibits. He was jumping with joy while turning the lever at the exhibits for the primary school :)


Hey... look... the 2 youngest news broadcaster !! LOL :D


See, the Astroboy brothers. The one on the left is Zac, the other is Amos, helper standing behind Amos in case he fell off.... kekeke ;)

I actually took a lot of pics, but only chose all these which I though were more entertaining...:)

Lastly, had dinner at the Mcdonalds....

The outlet displayed an incredible collection of their passed collectibles. I saw one of the Fries collectible series (3rd row from the left) that I wanted badly for Zac the last time when he was young. What happen was that, when he was about 1 yr+, bringing him out for meals was a challenge, he refused to sit still unless have fries on the table. So every time I had to purchase a packet of fries will he sit still. That was how the thought of getting the Fries toy came about to distract him !!


It was a tiring day walking through all the exhibits.

The boys as usual.... doZzzzzed off on the way home.... :)

61 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Juliana said...

wow...this is so fun :D

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : The kids just love running around the exhibits :)

Amel said...

Sorry to hear about the Water Works closing, but GLAD that the kids didn't know what was in it HE HE HE...

And CUTE pics of the kids as usual. The optical illusion is SO cool!!!! Amos wanted to grab the fruit? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

Another nice outing that managed to tire the kids HI HI HI HI...

Raghav said...

Really HAppy to know tht u too the kids to the science centre.
it would be of great fun to go there..
but....
with out a water works exhibition.
oh no.....
feeling pity of Amos & Zac!

hope they will have better luck next time...
good way to make u'r some sit quite at the Mc.donalds!

J@n!ce said...

Amel : If we had gone 2 days later, it would have opened.... sigh... really a bad day choice :(

Hahaha, Amos wanted to grab the fruits, he's really funny :)

J@n!ce said...

Raghav : It was really an interesting day. I may consider bringing them again when my sis got free tix again. hopefully, the WaterWorks is opened.... LOL :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Looks like the boys had a great time. Your science centre looks pretty cool. I haven't been to our over here yet. Must go one day.

WaterLearner said...

Wow .. looks like really another fun weekend for you and your boys. We have not chatted for quite sometime hor? Sorry hor, I have been really very busy and seldom go online. I think bloggers will forget me and my site soon!

J@n!ce said...

Nick : You should bring your boys during the school vacation then !! :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : How's your new place? Confirm before CNY can move in? ;)

Wen said...

i oso wanna bring kids go..

WaterLearner said...

I don't think can leh. We added quite a few things and the overall concept was only confirmed yesterday. Phew! But I am glad we finally made up our minds on the colour combination and overall theme lor. :-)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Faster bring :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : Wah Biang Eh... I thought you have already make up your mind on the colour combination and overall theme lor that time u spoke to me?!?!!??!?!

WaterLearner said...

Jan,

Shooo.... u know how great a procrastinator I am! The more magazines I looked through, the more I asked myself lor.. change here, change there. Then keep asking my hubs. Aiyo... Don't like that say me la.

Eh, that day your hubs called my hubs, I was the one who answered leh!

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the water display..but what they don't know won't hurt them... LOL..sounded busy..but our coffee bean loves science museums..we have one here too.not as interesting as yours..but she like it and is always asking to go there!

RW said...

Those optical illusion photos are awesome!!

kegler747 said...

I miss going to the Science Centrum here in Manila, its been ages ago... I hope they still have cool exhibits like this :) I don't even know if it still exists, hehehe

Mariuca said...

LOL!!! I love the optic illusion pics of the boys in the fruit basket! How clever and they look so cute, esp Amos!! :):):)

Bobby Revell said...

I love this post Janice! It definitely brought me a smile!!!!! I want one of those cool tables:)

franx said...

Fantastic and nice picture to enjoy

EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

Zac looks good. What's for lunch?

MakeTraffic said...

Hi jan, i know how it feels.

It is tiring bringing my son out also. But when i see him playing and thoroughly enjoying himself, i felt that everything is worth it!
I brought my son to vivocity play court to play with water and slide. He loved it so much.

Will bring my son to science centre if got time. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Themuxicbox said...

Looks like fun! I used to go to the Science Centre like every week when I was in P sch

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice place. Maybe I should drop by when I go to Singapore again. :)

Wen said...

got time for an award?

http://littlepaces.com/?p=680

Adrian said...

Janice!! The science center is so cool. Your boys sure had a good time there judging from the photos!! I love the table illusion ones best.

Oh boy wifey is going to pester me to take our little one to our Science center now!! LOL

Cheers! :)

Jackie said...

Oh janice it is so good to finally make my way back here. The month of December brought some difficulties for me but I am finally back.

And just in time to see such a wonderful and cheery post!! Oh my the boys are growing so. And, I am with Booby on this one...I would love to have one of those tables. The pictures are so cool. Thanks for the share.
Big Hugs,
Jackie

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : Nice to know that your little bean loves science. Maybe she can grow up to be a scientist on of this days :)

J@n!ce said...

Roger : That's rite :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Perhaps you could bring your close friend along to check it out... hehehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Really intelligient optic display huh !! :)

kegler747 said...

hahaha! yeah il try if that Science Centrun is still there :) There will be a Manila Ocean Park opening next month here so maybe we will go there instead :)

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Glad that you love the post. Haha... what an interesting table right? :)

J@n!ce said...

Franx : Thanks :)

J@n!ce said...

EuroYank : Nice for coming back... how's everything? :)

J@n!ce said...

MT : Oh yes, you should bring your boy there one of these days. Check out to ensure that the Waterworks Exhibition is opened....keke ;p

J@n!ce said...

Jeslyn : I only rem going there on 2 occasions when I'm still schooling. Some of the exhibits are no longer functioning though... haha :D

J@n!ce said...

Nyumix : Yes, do drop by when you happen to visit Sg again :)

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Thanks for the award. Its my first one for the New Year & it came from you... YAY !! :):)

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Your little princess is gonna look cute in that table too... its just too FUN :)

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Thanks for coming. Sorry to hear that you don't have a good year end? I'll be over yours now :)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Manila Ocean Park?.... is it some kind of a theme park like the HK Ocean Park? Wowow... :):)

Blur Ting said...

Aiyo yo, the boys are so cute!

J@n!ce said...

Blur : I bet your boys have tried that too? ;p

Chinneeq said...

haha...Janice, u scare me with the photo without body!

Sam Chan said...

I can see that Zac and Amos really have fun!! They are so blessed.

Many Blessings
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : haha... it does look scary to me too....:)

lilifxt said...

hi janice missed u and the boys alot...i loved their pics especially the ones their bodies were invisible it took me a while o think how ....:) untill i read they entered from another room

hugs n kisses for the boys

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Glad that you love those pics...Miss you too...how's everything over your side? :)

J@n!ce said...

Sam : Thanks :)

FL Sam said...

Your boys are having lotsa of fun and joy. One of them could be a future news broadcaster. :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Thanks, I've never thought of that, its still early now... hehe ;p

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

haha... the optic illusion was a creative & funny one. Bet they enjoyed their visit there.

J@n!ce said...

Lili : I love that exhibit the best... I'm just too shy to try it out, so scare my head will get stuck... LOL :)

Trinity said...

So great and creative! Hope I visited there the last time I went to Sing.. :-(

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Its ok, there will borne to be next time...;p

Heart of Rachel said...

That looks like a wonderful place to bring children. Sorry about the Waterworks Exhibition. Hope you get another chance to see it.

I love the cool optic illusion!

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : For my next trip, I will call up to check that the waterworks exhibit is open before proceeding. ;p

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I havent been to Science Centre for a long long time! Will bring my children some day as it looks fun ! :D

J@n!ce said...

Ling : Rem to take some pic at the optic illusion, thats the coolest of them all :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape