Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-01-24

Throwback Thursday : Toys cabinet


Bought this cabinet from Ikea just to put the kid's toy. This picture was taken last year when the cabinet was assembled & toys & books neatly organized.

Its been more than half a year now...

So difficult to get everything tidied up..... I'm busy packing it & the boys are busy messing it up again !!

It is very disorganized now with missing toys, books.... no where be found. How I wish the cabinet is once tidy & clean again !! :)

48 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

wow! ur boys sure have lot of stuffs :D

with kids around, it's hard to keep it tidy right?

J@n!ce said...

Ling : They have lots of toys, mostly passed down from friends & siblings. You are right, so difficult to keep everything in place ;)

WaterLearner said...

Haha.. It's just not the nature of kids to be neat and tidy!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : The whole house is in a mess now. Dunno where to get started for the CNY spring clean. *headache*

LadyJava said...

Janice... in the picture, the cabinet looks very nice already dearie.. where's the mess?? But Karen is right, it's just not in their nature...lolzz...just have to have lots of patience ok?

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i know the feeling. ive been doing that myself and after a few hours, looks like the hurricane just dropped by, oh well. patience it is!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Sounds like my kids. My wife is always clearing their toys away and the next thing you know, it's all messed up again ... LOL!

J@n!ce said...

LJ : haha, that's bcos the photo was taken when the toys are neatly arranged upon setting up the cabinet. Its a mess now... I tell you... ;p

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Yes, hurricane that is & patience is the cure :)

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I only pack now when it is really untolerable ;)

LadyJava said...

hahaha Janice.. no wonder lahh...lolzzz.. perhaps you should have a b4 and after picture..lolzz

J@n!ce said...

LJ : I actually took an after look too... but but....haiz... I thought... errmm.. better don't put up. Its really terrible ... ;p

LadyJava said...

LOlzzz Janice..;)

Anonymous said...

that's a nice bookshelf. i must go Ikea soon!
tag for u

http://littlepaces.com/?p=806

J@n!ce said...

LJ : Love your laughter... wahahahah :D

J@n!ce said...

Wen : Interesting tag. I will do it :)

Mariuca said...

Hey Jan, how about the after picture, now that all the toys and books are missing? Lolz... oh I can see Winnie the pooh there! :):):)

Nessa said...

Hi Janice!

Wow, that is so neat! More like a toy cum children's book shop :) My son has to be told over and over again on a daily basis to keep his toys after he's played with them.

I don't even bother to clear them, he's already 9 yrs. If he doesn't clear them, someone's going to bed without dinner... hehe

Jeanne said...

i love things from ikea.....:) that's neat... Nice to see it.....

Amel said...

WOW...so much stuff indeed!!! I can imagine how hard it is to tidy it up. Well, you know, my hubby's cousin here has a daughter and they've taught her to put back the toys she has been playing to their original places ever since she was 2.5 years old!!! And it worked! I played with her twice and she always put the toys back to their original places!

The Bimbo said...

They are like that ba... But they really have a lot of toys wor... Slowly train. You can do it!!

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Like I told LJ... really messy lah... terrible, dun dare to put up. YAY !! Pooh bear you see there. I got about 6 of those boards actually... *faint* ;)

J@n!ce said...

Nessa : Actually the cabinet is a tv console cum shelf. The centre portion is for placing the tv. Wow, your kid is big now. Good for you :)

J@n!ce said...

Jeanne : Most newly wed household at least has an Ikea item...haha ;)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Its depends on their mood. Occasionally, they will assist me to tidy them even without me asking. At times, they are just stubborn ;(

Juliana said...

It is difficult to make it all the toys tidy :D Jason also... Our living room never tidy :((

Amel said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Kids are kids. I don't think I had ever tidied my own toys ha ha ha...I was too spoiled!!! But I was stunned when I was my hubby's cousin's daughter since she started doing that from such a young age.

Anonymous said...

dont i know it! it only looks that way the first HOUR...you'll never get it that way again...

Daniel said...

my friend told me that once i hv a small 'devil' at home, it'll never be tidy hahaha ;p

Jeanne said...

I'm tagging you... check it out Big Bang-World Record

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : I can relate... hehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Amel : Your hub's cousin has done a good job of educating the young. Thumbs up to them :)

J@n!ce said...

Jyankee : I believe little beanie gave u some headache too... haha :D

J@n!ce said...

Daniel : Not just tidiness alone. Many other more things awaiting for you to find out... kekeke ;p

J@n!ce said...

Jeanne : Thanks for the tag :)

Bobby Revell said...

That is just too neatly arranged. I wanna mess it all up...hahahahaha:)

Anonymous said...

wahaha sounds so familiar... it's always packed and then messed up...pack and mess, pack and mess... that's how it is with being running around kids... ;P

Chinneeq said...

u have them all so neat, Janice. If u come to my house, u'll faint!

emilayusof said...

Hi Janice! Hehe I can relate to the situation. I had to tidy up toys all the time and by the end of the day, I was so tired and feel like packing and hiding the toys!

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : That is the "before mess" look... Many toys & books are mysteriously missing from the shelf everyday. I wonder if the boys throw them down the window... LOL :D

J@n!ce said...

Pauline : haha...that's so true, everyday pack non-stop. Sometimes get so angry just felt like throwing the toys away :(

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Before mess of course neat. You should come n see mine too. Its really terrible. Sometimes when my helper is off, the whole house resembles a battle scene ;p

J@n!ce said...

Emila : I have same thoughts too. Sometimes get so angry that I just felt like keeping away those toys ;)

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : Lovely FF. I used to be so crazy over FF. I collect their stickers, cards & figurine....hehe ;)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. That's a lovely toy cabinet. It's hard to maintain everything in order because kids love to play all the time. I teach my son to return his toys after playing but tidying up is not always a guarantee.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : For mine, it depends on their mood. They can be very co-operative at times. But sometimes, they're just too stubborn :(

Anonymous said...

Our room always a mess, could not keep up the speed of cleaning the room with their speed of destroying it. ;(

J@n!ce said...

Nyumix : I can totally relate to that. They speed of destroying is way to fast for us to upkeep... haha :D

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape