Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2008-01-03

First Day of School for 2008

School re-opened for 2008 yesterday ...
Its the first time Amos attending playgroup. He is 22 mths old.
I think I am more excited than him. Worried that he may not be able to adapt to the new environment without us. This was bcos Zac cried so much when he first attended his playgroup at 20mths old, nearly 3 yrs ago. He was crying inside the school while I am sobbing outside looking at him though the window. Its just so hard to bear ... ...

Amos getting ready to be changed into his uniform which was worn before by Zac. They attended the same playgroup :)


Amos digging out all his belongings that I had packed for him in his school bag.
Satisfied with the things inside, he put them back again & carried the bag in his hands & 'cat walk' around the living room... LOL :D

Amos looked like a matured little boy in that attire ;p
He cried a bit while in school bcos he refused to return his water bottle back to the shelf after drinking. He can be very stubborn at times, teacher told my maid that he held on to the water bottle throughout.... that's so FUNNY !! :D:D:D:D

Next... Zac... I only managed to take pics of him when he returned from school. He is K1 this year :)
See, he was removing his shoes after stepping into the house.
Apparently, the name tag that he wore over his neck was their artwork for the day.
Look like those office staff wore ;p

Zac missed his friends. He told me he is delighted to be back to school to meet his friends. So coincident that he had the same teacher that taught him during nursery. Some of his former classmates were in the same class as him. Most importantly, his best friend can be his buddy once again. YAY !! They are in the same class :)

It was a hectic day for me & my maid cos need to prepare the 2 kids for school & its of different timings. Glad that everything went on smoothly... ... :)

45 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Amel said...

AWWWW...your boys are just SO CUTE!!! Must've been tough seeing your kid cry.

Amos held on to his water bottle? HI HI HI HI HI HI...

I'm glad to hear that Zac's best friend is also in the same class. ;-D

Adrian said...

Janice!! Already sending Amos to playschool!! :):) I'm only going to send my little one next year but I can imagine when you say Zac was crying inside and you were crying outside! Sounds so sad...I hope she doesn't cry so much...or I'd be feeling terrible just like you did! :)

Jeanne said...

hi Janice.... My daughter was niet crying on the first day for playgroep, but the second day and the next days until 1 month, she kept crying when i went away .... hope amos is not like that hehe..

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,

Yup... school starts today for 2008. Well, life is hectic again for me and my wife. We have to face all the heavy traffic again.

Well, I had wonderful experience with my children when they go to school. Now it is your turn to enjoy for your sweet memory. I hope Amos will do fine...

Best Wishes
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

J@n!ce said...

Amel : It was quite an experience previously with Zac cos he was very close to me since birth. I took care of him. He has never left my sight , that could be the reason why he started to cry in school when I'm not around. haha :D

He has grown up now & is fine on days w/o me. He loves gg to school :)

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : Yuppss, Amos attended his first class yesterday. Just let him there to mingle with children around his age rather than sitting around at home... haha :)

J@n!ce said...

Jeanne : I think it is pretty normal for kids to cry like that for the first month. Zac cried for about 2 weeks on/off last time. Amos so far seem ok when we left him. He is more adaptable :)

J@n!ce said...

Sam : I can imagine the hectic schedule & heavy traffic you encounter on the first few days of school when worried parents are seeing off the children to school. Soon its gonna be my turn for that phase... haha :)

Take care ...

Trinity said...

Janice, clay will start to school again on 7! :-) he still enjoys his vacation now..

Good luck and big hugs to the boys!!

Be smart and be blessings from Auntie Trinity.. :-)

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : haha.. Clay is stil enjoying his holiday. Zac cant wait to return to school. LOL :)

Hugs to you & your lovely boys :)

Unknown said...

Happy School days to your two boys.

Mariuca said...

Your babies are growing up Janice! I love the pic of Amos rummaging through is bag then putting everything back in the bag he he he...,so clever and cute! Hugs and love to both my cuties! Have fun at school boys! :):):)

J@n!ce said...

Lian : Thanks. Happy Study n BACK to school for your kids too :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Amos likes to do that. He can be a good Quality Inspector in future.. LOL :)

Thanks, they are both behaving good in school so far :)

kegler747 said...

I still have vivid recollection on my first day in school. I had our maid accompany me inside the classroom or else il burst into tantrums :) hehehe. Yes, she was inside the classroom for the 1st day of school.

Blur Ting said...

Oh, isn't it so bitter sweet...seeing your little ones all 'grown-up' and going to school (in their diapers!)? They are so cute! I wish my kids are little again. Then again, maybe not...

Themuxicbox said...

Amos look like so calm and collected while preparing to go to sch! ;D

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : So how did it go for the subsequent days? Your maid follow you again? heheheh ;p

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Haha... back are those boy's diaper days for you ah?

The kids are the cutest at this age. I want to capture their precious moment before they grow up :)

WaterLearner said...

When I was young, I never liked school holidays. Staying at home was comparatively so boring compared to going to school with so many friends to play with!

I am proud of Amos! Big Boy liao!

J@n!ce said...

Jeslyn : He really look like a matured understanding boy. This morning, he knew that its time for school. Obediently let the maid change him, then he took his bag & water bottle & walked to the door to wear his own shoes. Yes, my little man can wear his own shoes, but only for the right side :)

J@n!ce said...

Karen : I'm used to staying at home since young. My mum is always very protective of me. She wants me to stay at home...when friends are looking for holiday job during the vacation... !!

See, I'm still staying at home now... LOL :D

Anonymous said...

gosh! so big already...but you get SOME quiet time when they're both gone.... enjoy!

Anonymous said...

gosh! so big already...but you get SOME quiet time when they're both gone.... enjoy!

Juliana said...

your boys cute :D i wonder how Jason will be when he have to go to school also hehehe..

Anonymous said...

amos do look mature but so cute in that little attire!

Amel said...

No wonder he latched on to you like that! ;-D It's only natural! ;-D I'm glad he likes going to school. Smart boy! ;-D

J@n!ce said...

Ykankee : Yes, have some peaceful time when Zac is off to school in the afternoon. Amos will be tired after he returns from the morning class & will doze off rather easily... haha :D

J@n!ce said...

Juliana : I bet you will have more fun seeing your little charming prince off to school. Are you sending him off to some playground? ;p

J@n!ce said...

Cbenc12 : haha... cant stand him at times... he try to act so cool n proud...like a BIG boy... LOL :)

J@n!ce said...

Amel : ya lo, now you know !! kekeke ;p

Heart of Rachel said...

Glad the boys had a nice first day at school. Thanks for sharing photos of them.

It's cute and funny that Amos held on to his bottle throughout. I'm sure he will adjust to the activities quickly.

My son will start school on Monday. I'm glad he has more time to rest and recuperate.

Take care.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : All the best to Yohan's first day. Yes, he gets more time to rest.. hehe ;p

Jeff B said...

Saw your comment over a Roger's. Thought I'd come by and say hi.

I also have two boys amd remember their first days at school. As a parent it's hard letting go sometimes and I don't think it will get any easier as they grow.

FL Sam said...

Your 2 boys must be very happy to back to school after the long holidays. :)

J@n!ce said...

Jeff : hihi.... thanks for coming over from Roger's. May you have a blessed 2008 :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : For Amos its the first time. However, having just attended for 3 days. He kinda used to it. That's good. Zac is of course very delighted to play with his friends once again :)

RW said...

Well I hope your boys have a good time in school!

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Thanks, I bet they will :)

Tak Feng and Li Li said...

Amos is lovely with his school bag. My nephew supposed to go to playgroup too. But he has a mild Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease. Poor him. :(

amei79 said...

now-a-day, childs are given chance to learn & approach fresh things/environment at very small age...i missed all this chances during my childhood, my 1st attent to school was at age of 8.

Nursery school is a good business to start with...happy new year!

Jackie said...

Janice just so you know I am only posting at the same old Painted Veil. The other was just until Yahoo got everything sorted out. So I hope to see you at http://shinade.blogspot.com

God Bless,
Jackie

J@n!ce said...

Jackie : Noted, thanks for telling me. :)

Sunshinelene said...

janice, the first time to see or witness being left in school as young as amos's age was in china in 2002. and guess what? my heart went out to them. The cries just pierce myheart when i saw the baby holding on to the neck of mama or daddy and the teacher sort of pulling the baby. the morning are always like that in the nursery school. My first reaction was really negative thinking back to my childhood when too early schooling is not yet a craze or fashion. But as a teacher, i have to cajole them to jump and play so that they forget that mom and dad is away. I then hate parent's day coz mom and dads join the class and the kids don't particpate coz they just cling on their dads and moms. hahaha

I guess amos is enjoying his school. i guess it's zac's influence. mainland kids are only 1 and the mom and dad so being separated from parents in the morning is sort of traumatic for the kids.

wahhh sorry for the long comment. maybe will blog about this one day using amos as a very good example of 22 months goody boy in school. hehehe

J@n!ce said...

Arlene : Thanks for sharing your experience. Wow, you went for a trip to china during your teaching career. That's a good experience for you. I can imagine the heart piercing cries you mention. Glad that its all over for me at this moment since Amos is coping so well now :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape