Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-08-14

Fly KITE : Part I

Zac made this kite from school last Fri during the national day holiday.
He drew a spider (top), a cat (centre) & a flower (below). He pasted some stickers on it too.
I find that its kinda messy but its my little boy's effort & I am actually proud of him !!
Together with his classmates & teachers, we went with him to fly the kite at an open field near the school after the class ended.



Zac holding on to the kite.


He is all ready to run with the kite...


RUN.....



I hold on to the string while Zac followed behind.
The kite refused to go high up.
Something wrong with the stucture of the kite, the supporting stick on the kite has been positioned too high.
As such, the kite was unable to soar... *sweat*


We tried a few times still unable to make the kite fly.
Just then, the string snap... OH NO!!
I tried to tie them back... *sob*


Zac's friend's kite doing all well... *envy*


Zac still holding on to his "unflyable" kite !!

Look at his face, he is so disappointed.
Oh my poor baby ....
What are we suppose to do to soothe his dissapointment?
Any suggestions?
To be continued ... ...

57 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

NafaSg said...

YES AH!! FINALLY, I AM THE FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT HERE!! ALWAYS THE LAST FEW EXTRAS! BAH! =D

Aww..look at his disappointed face...hmm...kites..remind me of my younger days..maybe one of the NAFA team who is in the airforce can bring you around in a plane.

OK ZAC, dont despair, listen up, here is your mission.

ZAC SECRET FILE.

1. STEAL THE KITE FROM YOUR FRIEND
2. IF CANNOT STEAL , ASK MUMMY TO..
3. IF STEAL CANNOT STEAL..BORROW THE KITE AND ACCIDENTALLY CUT THE ROPE OF THE ATTACHED KITE..
4. SHOW OFF YOUR KITE TO YOUR FRIEND AND WALK OFF WITH A PROUD SMILE.

MISSION WARNING : DONT DO THIS IN FRONT OF DADDY, LATER NO PAT PAT ON HEAD AND DO THIS WHEN YOUR FRIEND LEFT THE KITE SOMEWHERE.

ok ok..let s get serious..
well mummy should think of getting him some chocolates to cheer him up..remember to brush brush teeth at night...


Bye Zac...nite nite
NAFA LOVES YOU AND YOUR BROTHER!!!

J@n!ce said...

Nafa : Haha, yes... you arrived here first this time round !!
Wow, you have a pilot from the Nafa team also huh. Looks like its all talent & beauties & hunks there ;p

Your comment really makes me laugh. Thanks for your kind suggestions. But no way can we steal the kite of his friends when their parents are also with them. Nafa, you forgotten that Zac dun like chocolate leh, he prefers strawberry... hehe!! I hope he could eat some chocolate too, he is really getting slimmer by days, I want to feed him fattening food to BEEF him UP :):)

I love your last sentence!!
Thanks for Nafa's love to "the loving brothers". *HUG*

Love ya too ;)

Trix said...

Janice,...once again you have shown us all such awesome pictures of your little darling..did he really do all the decorations on that kite?? Wow, at his age its really artistic ..what a lovely kite and a really nice view of him flying it ! How about a nice yummy chocolate ice cream and a nice yo-yo to soothe his little dissapointment ??Or a new toy..something really amazing...Hope he is over his dissappointment by now??

Mariuca said...

How about a nice fat lollipop for Zac and a visit with Benji, Ariel & Brownie to cheer him up? Is that a smile I see on Zac's face?.. Yay, it is! LOL ;)

Jan, ur doing a fantastic job with ur kids. Taking part in Zac's school activities, that's really cool. U are so gonna be my role model "later". Nite nite Jan! :):):)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The joy of childhood... we really need more of these activities for our younger generations. Sometimes when i look at my niece, it seemed as though their childhood have been robbed by the heavy schoolbag.

Maybe we should do a fly-able one for him. Haha! Or at least sit down and do one fly-able kite with him so he can troubleshoot what went wrong.

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi Janice
Thanks for coming by my blog.
Your boys are really cute.Maybe just have a little "accident" with his kite and get him one made professioanlly that can fly, or when he is asleep, re-position the supporting stick. That should do it!

Sam Chan said...

Nowadays many children are staying indoor playing computer, PS/2 or other console games. It is great to know that there are still people who enjoy outdoor activities like flying kites.

I am not good at flying kite. A good kite can make a lot of difference. Zac!...don't give up... Try again... and it will fly high.

Best Wishes
Sam Chan

kegler747 said...

This post reminds me great days when i was about 5 years old. I'm bad at making and flying kites. I first learned how to make one after watching Sesame Street :) My dad helped but after that its like more of his kite than mine, nevertheless it flew high so I'm very happy with that :)

J@n!ce said...

Jesse Spice, thanks for your lovely words. I will accept your 'gifts'. The kite is indeed made by Zac himself, he drew & paste those stickers. The yo-yo seems a good calming tool for him. The chocolate I will keep it for myself...cos Zac doesn't take chocolate leisurely !! *yumyum*

Ed : You are right, nowdays the kids are so bothered by their schoolwork that we have forgotten to bring them out for some outdoor activities. They need those activities to refreshen up too. Making a new kite to troubleshoot the faults on the old one is a terrific idea. Thank you for your opinion :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Both Jean & your pets are good companion to the kiddos. They will really have fun running after the pets in the open field. That is something I have never tried before. I just scare that the pets will run after me....haha :D
The made & fly kite session is an extra class after the National Day. They do encourage the parents to participate. It was actually a very HOT aftn when we flew the kite. Zac was hot & frustated & disappointed althogether :(

SAHM : Thanks for your visit & comment. Perhaps we shoud really consult the professional how to do one & re-do everything once again. Thank you for your suggestions. We tried to re-position the stick but the glue was super sticky on the paper, so no way out to re-position w/o damaging the original artwork which I intend to keep for remembrance. His first kite making !! :)

J@n!ce said...

Sam : Actually, as parents... we are definitely very tired. For me, staying at home looking after them & my hubs working all day. What we want & ask for is a good rest & play the game console actually. But for the sake of the kids, we just have to pull ourselves up early to bring them out for some outdoor stuff. The national day long weekend was a fruitful one cos we did many things together including going to the beach, fly kite, swim, go to the playground & eating together!! But at the end of each day, you could imagine how tired we are. Whole body aching...but it is worthwhile & really fun :):)

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Good job there when you were 5. You could learn the kite making steps from tv. That was superb !! I actually don't rem myself doing one. I only rem making lantern back in my pri school days. It was great to have daddy to participate in your kite making & the most fantastic part was that it FLEW HIGH. That is what we ultimately want to acheive, don't we!! :D
Thanks for sharing your childhood experience with us :):)

Anonymous said...

i find zac's work cute, very dainty, i like the colors he used to draw.

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Thank you for sharing your interest in Zac's art piece :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

yeah... ariel & brownie, together with Benji is here to cheer you up, Zac! Don't give up, ya! I know your mummy & daddy will help you. *BIG HUG*

Jan, this brings back my childhood sweet memories. i love flying kite! Hmm.. how i wish i can do that now. the field near my hse is surrounded by tall tress. :/ and cant seem to find other suitable place.

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan!

His kite .. though proven unflyable is really quite a master piece of art! I like the way he draws.

My humble views on what you could do... Tell him the story of how past scientists and inventors fail so many times before there finally hit Bingo! ---> Then make a new kite with more flyable construction like that of his friend and try it again!

Somehow I feel that the education in the modern day teaches our children to fly high. To Achieve. To Succeed. But alas! How long can one keep succeeding? My humble view is that education should teach our young to handle and stand up again on failure.

Great man is not measured by how he is when he succeeds. It's measured by how he holds himself when he fails.

I believe that it is never too young to teach one how to handle failures and disappointments in life.

Blessings! I am sure Zac can take it in his stride!

J@n!ce said...

Jean : We are lucky that there is an open field near our house here & its rather windy. So flying kite is just a few steps away :) Thanks for bringing over A & B to cheer up the boy !!
Zac *hug* Aunty Jean :)

Karen : Thanks for your insights. Yes, we must tell the younger generations how those scientist & inventors succeeded only with constant trying & failing. To make a fly-able kite, we need the determination too. Thank you for your views :)

RW said...

aww poor Zac he and Oger are alike in luck but Oger would probably take his friends kite (he is a caveman) and Zac is a good kid :D

J@n!ce said...

Roger : You will oger oger all the way for the kite throwing stones at the friends I think...haha :D

Thanks for your words here :)

eastcoastlife said...

awwww.... poor Zac.

Mummy should help him make another kite that can fly.

My younger brother was a pro at making and flying kites. He even competed and fought with the other kite-flyers' kites. He made his string stronger by mixing grounded glass with glue to cut his opponents' kites. It was quite a sight to see kites being cut off! hehe....

J@n!ce said...

ECL : I hope I could help him to make one too. But u'know me leh... I'm just as bad in all these handicraft ...I think my kite will be out-of-shape !!

Your bro really pro. Still know of using glass on kite to cut opponent's kite. That's really v dangerous if the glass flew off or cut someone isn't it?

Unknown said...

I still love the kite he made, whether it flies or no.

I wanted to ask. Did you create your blog banner (at the top) yourself? That's a beautiful mummy banner!

Trinity said...

wwwwoooowwww... the cutest kite I've ever saw! regardless it couldn't function as it should be.. :-(( tell Zac that auntie Trinity love his kite, and it should be framed instead of make it fly.. ;-)
that kite is too cute to fly. :-D

My son was playing kites with his dad, but unfortunately his dad was really bad at kite thing.. hehe.. the kite could fly too long and it always want to kiss the grass... LOL

Anyway, your header do really good as Jas said! I've told you once.. ugh.. you are so lucky!

J@n!ce said...

Jas : Thanks for your kind words. That is so very true. I love the kite that he made, be it whether it is soaring in the sky... *hug* to you :):)
The header is done by a good friend, Emila. She is a great illustrator :)

Trinity : Both you & Jas just make me feel so much better now. Yes I should frame up the kite, irregarless whether it can fly or not... hehe !! Cute kite are meant for viewing & not for flying...yes yes...You gals just MAKE my DAY ! Love ya ;)
I'm a fortunate gal to have good buddies here, thanks ladies :)

Crazed Nitwit said...

I am sure Zac will get over the upset. If at first you don't suceed try try again~~great American philosphy ;).

I'm jealous, your sight looks awesome and look at your comments. Not jealous, more like a twinge of envy. I'm really happy your blog is working so successfully! HUGS!

J@n!ce said...

Janice NW : I am quite a lazy mummy at times. Esp when it comes to doing all those handicraffy stuff. I just don't have the patience. Somemore, with Amos around to mess up the art equipment...it is chaotic.

Sorry that you felt a twinge of envy... hehe...I'm just lucky to have met the right friends at the right times. You should get to know these friends of mine. They are awesome buddies :)
*hug* to you too... dun feel bad, yours is doing good too & get to see some regulars over at yours :D

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, that is one cool looking kite. He didn't get to fly the kite, poor boy. I'm sure the continuation of your story will have a happy ending :) It sure brings back memories of my kite flying childhood days. Those were the days.

J@n!ce said...

Nick : Thanks. Though the kite wasnt able to soar in the clear blue sky. But the sight of the kite makes me smile with pride. This is his first attempt to make a kite & I should say he did it very well. Please wait for my story to continue tomorrow. It is going to be an ending which no one could have thought of !! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Janice. What a lovely kite! Zac did well decorating it. Sorry it didn't fly well during your first few tries but I'm sure with some patience and faith, it will soar. Good luck!

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : We definitely need lots of patience & faith to make the kite soar. Thanks for your opinion :)

Colleen said...

Hi Janice, u r tagged

http://little-world-of-thoughts.blogspot.com/2007/08/8-more-random-things.html

J@n!ce said...

Colleen : Thanks, let me check it out. :)

admin said...

ohh poor Zach... maybe you can buy him one at the store.. or maybe the one he made was a lil too heavy for it to fly..

I remember when we were kids we used to fly kites like this

J@n!ce said...

Jenny : The kite he make was really light, I think it is also too light to control. The supporting stick is also wrongly position leading to the failure.

Thanks for your suggestion :)

NafaSg said...

Jan! So happy that u liked the Nafadog kite we made for little Zac! =)

WaterLearner said...

Jan,

Call him Scientist Zac on the day that you are attempting to encourage him to make another kite. Ask him to be like a Scientist to find out what went wrong.

I guess that would serve to ensure his ego is not bruised and also help develop a good sense of curiosity in him which will surely help him in his studies later.

Blessings!

J@n!ce said...

Nafa : So sweet of you, of course I love it. Zac loves them too. Thanks dear :)

Karen : I hope he could apprehend what I am trying to convey. Zac is a bit slow in his language. Anyway, I am grateful that he is progressing slow & smoothly now :)

Chinneeq said...

not easy to get a kite fly up isnt it? hehe....we had that prob too, for the kites once we bought for qiqi..

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Flying a kite seems not so easy if its a hand-made one... LOL :)

Sweetpea said...

ppsst! get it from toys'r'us :P we bought aidan a pack of 2s, flew a couple of times, and torn easily.. bleh.

by the way, you are tagged :)

http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/08/tag-13-of-3s.html

J@n!ce said...

Sweetpea : Torn easily...? Then I better dun get it there.

Thanks for the tag. I've already lost track of all my undone tags on hand liao. Yours is a easy one :)

Leena said...

from my humble opinion, a kite is harder to fly than a plane! i remember when i was much younger, my older brother will make me hold to his kite and made me run backwards an he forward. how silly i thought. in a 100 attempts, maybe once he succeeded.
no other way but to keep tryin baby zac....

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : You are right, flying a kite is really not easy. Very tiring ...
Thanks for your opinion :)

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely adorable. There is a shop down the street that sells kites, gliders, small hot air balloons, etc. Every Memorial Day they take their wares out to the community park and let everything fly. There can be upwards of 30 kites in the air, some of them very intricate and stunningly beautifull.

And they never fail to bring out the little boys and in my 20-something kids.

Mariuca said...

Janice, if u get a kitty cat, it definitely won't be running after u, unlike the woof woofs! Ha ha ha...so what say you? Ready to welcome a fluffy kitten into ur family? :)

J@n!ce said...

Seiche : So kind of the shop to take out all their wares. With so many kites in the sky. I can imagine a beautiful scene. Really lovely :)

Marzie : I dun mind the kitty over provided the Master is coming over also. LOL :)

babyfiona said...

make another together, Yes you and zac, that would be so memorable! hehe, just a suggestion ;p

lilifxt said...

awww my dear zac dont be dissapointed keep trying and u will do it anyway i got no suggestions coz until now i cant fly kite ...:) my son cannot too...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi J--soooo sweet. Hmmmm ... did you try and see if his kite can actually fly (smile)?

J@n!ce said...

Fiona : Thanks for your suggestion :)

Lili : So happy to see you here :)I duno how to fly a kite too !!
*hug* to you :)

J@n!ce said...

TNP : I tried, but it just cant get lifted ;)

April Elizabeth said...

they are too cute!

April Elizabeth said...

they are too cute!

J@n!ce said...

April : hehe, thanks for your kind words :)

Bee Lee said...

Hey Janice, I like Zac's drawing on the kite, so cute :)

J@n!ce said...

BeeLee : Thanks, he anyOhow draw & those are his own ideas. He just took the marker & drew the spider, flower & cat.. I din even tell him what to draw :) :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape