Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-08-01

Things that Happened to Me

Erisha from Confessions of a Breathing Tot Bag & De' Moi tagged me :

10 Things that happened to me

1) I was last in the class of 38 students in Primary 3. It became a good motivating factor & I came in 5th in Primary 4.

2) My sisters left me all alone to struggle with my un-mastered bicycle at East Coast Park. I cried & screamed & struggled all the way behind them with half pushing & half wobbling legs. Not to sure to thank or hate them bcos I actually learned through the tough way myself after the incident :)

3) Again, sisters left me aside to learn my swimming tactics after persistent coaching.... I just cant master the breathing & co-ordination skills. They gave up & left me alone to 'handle my own problem'. I think I could do better my own way...... soon I catch the rhythm & swimming is such a breeze :D

4) I used to sleep alone on queen size bed at my mother's former house. I experienced a few occasions when I woke up in the middle of the night when my mind is alert but I just cant move my limbs no matter how hard I tried. As though 'someone' was leaning on top of me & hinder my movements....eeerrrrhhhhh.... *creepy*

5) I took 2 ink erasers from Emporium without paying them at age 10.

6) I was down with a HIGH fever at age 14. I din even know that I were sick that morning.... I was talking to my sis & suddenly, my whole body felt weak & I collapsed infront of her. After I woke up an hour later, she told me I have a high fever !! What happened after that, I just couldn't recall....

7) I swallowed bits of worm back in my Sec School canteen. I don't take long bean since then.

8) I was chased by a dog while on my way to my piano teacher's house. I was so scared that I detoured to reach her house only to realize that the dog was still going after me. I ran & the dog ran too... I screamed & quickly climbed up the fleets of steps leading to the teacher's house, desperately pressed the bell hoping that she will open the door before the dog reached me. I nearly fainted when I stepped into her house. Till now, never ask me to go near a dog or bring a dog near me....

9) I lost my consciousness once after attending a X'mas church service. It was an invitation from a good friend to attend her church service. This was also the first & last time I attended such a service. I boarded the bus & just 'blacked-out'. The bus driver had to wake me up to tell me that I've reached the terminal. Till now, I still don't understand what had happened to me that day.

10) On 4 oct 2003, I played mahjong till 5am in the morning only to realize that I am in labour. It turned out to be the worst times in my life. I am in labour for near to 18 hrs, the baby (Zac) heart beat became weaker & finally, c-section.

11) On my previous Sales job, I bump straight into a glass door at my customer's site. It was so painful & I felt all RED from pain & embarrassment. I felt awkward visiting that particular customer after that.

Looks like I've rambled more than required... LOL :)

So much about me, now..... I'm going to hear the 10 stories from these people :
1) Bobby
2) Lili
3) Jean
4) Joyce
5) Jane Chan
6) Janice NW
7) Mariuca
8) Kenneth
9) Karen
10) Uncle Sam

45 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

RW said...

Hey Janice those were good answers and they sound painfully honest ;D

J@n!ce said...

Roger : You're right there... Those are really awefully painful answers.... LOL :)

Mariuca said...

Janice!! Thanks for tagging me...oooh this would be nice to do, easier than the face behind the blog!!

Jan, I think ur number 4 could be sleep paralysis? I've experienced that too several times and it is damn scary when it happens to u right?!! You feel helpless and u can't move or say anything! :(

As for the doggie incident, of course I completely understand. At least you got away... me..the doggie scratched my leg!!!!

Anonymous said...

No doubt, u're unique! :P

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : This is really easy to do right. So I bet this one will come before the face tag from you? LOL :)
Oh.. so that's call sleep paralysis & you experience that too. Last time, I though it was bcos the room was 'dirty' (ie.ghost) & the evil spirits leaning on me... hehehe ;p

You kenna scratched no wonder you also scare. I got chased until I nearly breathless & gasping for air :D

MW : Yes, that is uniquely me in this uniquely country called uniquely Singapore :)

Mariuca said...

He he...Jan! I know what u mean abt the ghost... the elderly believes that it could be the ghosts coming after u and sometimes I feel that is the case actually! It happened to me when I sleep in a new or different place say like a hotel or something!

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : That means it could be true about the ghostie...really creepy esp when you are sleeping in an unknown place... But I hardly have such experience now. Everyday so tired... sleep like a log... LOL :)

FL Sam said...

Hi Cool mum, you tagged me after I tagged by Jean. I shall do it soon.

Your No.#11. I also experienced the same before that I bumped straight into the glass door at one of the restuarant. The loud "Bang" sound created got everyone looking at me and I got a cut above my eye and bleeding. I must be dreaming!. :)

J@n!ce said...

Uncle Sam : Oh, you have to be careful too. You poor thing got a cut. My face is red & painful & my nose becomes more flat than ever.... LOL :)

I just din see the glass door u'know, I thought it is an 'open concept' walkway...skali there is a glass there. I BANG right onto it...really paiseh I tell you.. I ran out w/o even dare to look at my customer again then called my best friend on her mobile to tell her what happened to me. She laughed over my embarrassment...:~(

Trix said...

Amazing snippets from your life.I also experienced that feeling when your mind is awake,and you are lying in bed yet you cannot move your body an inch...and its like you feel a weird prescence all around! Wonder what causes that? Scary stuff...


As for swimming, I see you prefer to work things out alone, lol, just like my sister and also Cassie, she likes to learn with no help or input.

I am also scared of dogs, I had no bad experience, but I know they can be extremely dangerous, good idea to be wary of them! :)

J@n!ce said...

Jesse : Looks like we all experience the same kind of thing while sleeping huh...so if its indeed something 'unpleasant' than its happening across the world even in South Africa... LOL :)
But frankly, I think it got to do with our muscle relaxing while we are sleeping. All of a sudden when we open our eyes & mentally wake. Our body is still in 'resting' state. :)

I think I sometimes I can accomplish tasks better using my own unique way... LOL :)

You are right, it is always good to keep a distance from dogs cos you duno what they are thinking & may suddenly leap forward & scratch you in the face :D

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Janice, you ate a worm??? You must have been really hungry, huh? LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Nick : I ate parts of the worm, it hid inside the Long Bean & ... its really gross...I'm scare of Long Bean now... :( :(

WaterLearner said...

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear of your wormy experience and thanks for tagging me. I will put on my thinking cap and put up my 10 stories soon.

Cheers!

Karen

J@n!ce said...

Karen : It is terrible upon seeing the worm in the long bean...i can still rem vividly. So many years now I haven't touched long beans.... LOL :)

Good to have you to join in the fun, I will wait for your post :)

Bobby Revell said...

I have the same experience when I sleep sometimes but I enjoy it now. If you can remember that it's just a dream you can participate in it. The fear keeps that from happening. It's called a lucid dream. I have them at will while I'm awake! Thanks for tagging me I will work on it soon:)

bokjae said...

Well, I was 34 out of 35 in my class! Always the top five from bottom! hehe! Thanks for the info, know a bit more about you leh! byeeee! Wow 90 over comments! guess you hit top rank in no time! cheers!

J@n!ce said...

Bobby, its been a long time since I had a dream... everyday drop dead tired, no time to dream... LOL :)

I do DAYdream at times though...;p

I will wait for your post :)

J@n!ce said...

Bokjae : Thanks for tell me that you are top 5 in class every year but the other way round... at least I'm not alone... LOL :)

90 over comments? Which post are you refering to?

Thanks for your support :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan, dropping by after a hard day's work. Your 'life story' makes me forget the work problem. I am sort of a comeback kid too.lol.

mr fong said...

Hi Janice, I wonder if i would have been as honest if i had done it,mine are as embarrassing,kekekeke...

THanks for ur comment, I will email u the reply.Love your 88th post- on the contrasts of the 2 reactions between each other.Lol!

Wonder if i could get a link from you? If possible hope you can link me; Thanks a bunch! :-)

Eatyourmaths

Anonymous said...

Wow, from last to 5th?
Are you the youngest amongst your siblings?
Hahaha, you reminded me of my aunty who also was playing mahjong when she went into labour at our house. Then her husband kept asking her to wait because he hadn't finished his dinner that my dad 'tah-pau-ed'. :))
Some amazing things about you.

lilifxt said...

hi janice i enjoyed reading your stories they made me smile and know u more ...that worm story i will remeber it whenever i will eat long beans ....i will post soon about my stories and let u know

J@n!ce said...

MT : Thanks so much for dropping over after a busy day at work. Glad to know that my post could aid in distressing your workload :):):)

Mr Fong : Thanks for your interest in my blog. I will link you :)

Judy : Yes, I'm the youngest. Haha...your aunty is just as crazy over MJ as I am :)

J@n!ce said...

Lili : Your presence here always bring a smile to my face. I hope you have a good day with you friends coming over to your house today? :)
Haha... the worm part is really scary. I boycott that stall after the incident. So you will think of me eating the worm whenever you have a crunch on the long bean.... LOL :)
I cant wait to see your story .... ;p

Mariuca said...

Janice, you are really funny! Afraid that the doggies will suddenly jump and scratch ur face ha haha.. but it's NOT funny being chased by one, that's for sure. I see Jesse is also wary of dogs, no wonder she's Jesse the CAT! ;)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : Don't laugh at me, I need to protect my face first... LOL :)
Jesse is the BIG cat... she will love your 3 pets.... meow meow... ;p

Anonymous said...

Can't remember all of them, but I'll come back once i do! nice post by the way! :)

J@n!ce said...

Joel : Thanks for dropping a line here. Initially, I'm also scratching my head when I got the tag. But as I type along... I realized that I've got so many things to write that I actually wrote more than required... LOL :)

mr fong said...

You can write up to 20, can't you :)

Best wishes,
Eatyourmaths

J@n!ce said...

Fong : If all my readers are as patient as you I hope I could write till 20 & they get to finish reading all. I think 11 is a good number, so I decided to stop at that... hehehe ;p
Thanks for popping over again :)
Oh ya, I forgot to link you, will do it now !!

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

#5 - good thing you didn't get caught, then that would be another story.

#8 - they say the more you run, the more the dog will chase you

J@n!ce said...

Girlie : Haha, you are right. Life could have been different if I were caught then :)
You are right again... I've heard of this cos the dog is supposed to chased after bad pple. So the dog must have thought that I'm bad cos I ran. I should have just remain there, but I am just not so calm. My first instinct was to... RAN... LOL :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

Woman! you sure hv loads of interesting stuff happened in your life.

I experienced the same thing too. I meant the sleep paralysis. Sometimes, i wanted to shout but couldn't. Felt so helpless and scare. :(

i love playing mahjong. I once played till 5am too... but of coz, i went straight to bed after that lar. hehe.

i am scared of stray dog. if i meet big stray doggie outside, i'll freeze. :P im a weirdo..hehe

for you no.11, i had the same thing happened too. except it was a window display. silly me! no.. i mean silly us. hehe..

sam, your experience was far more painful than us. A cut above your eye? Must hv left a scar lor.

J@n!ce said...

Jean : I cannot imagine you are scare of dogs when you have dogs as pet... but of course you meant stray dogs, who wouldn't be afraid !!
Those glass doors are really hazardous.
Poor Uncle Sam slam onto it & left a cut. *Ouccccch*, I can imagine how painful cos mine w/o cut already cause me much pain for quite some times.

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,
Good confession!... nice to know you even more this time.

#1 - I was also doing very badly during the first 4 years in my primary school. Excellent students were called up for applause whereas a group (I was in) of the last 5 was called up to be make shame in front of all students during those days.

#10 - Wow... your son, Zac - will he become a mahjong king with so many hours of learning from all the aunty? :-) LOL!

J@n!ce said...

Sam Chan : You are also first few in classes BUT backwards counting...!?!?! .... hahaha...I cant imagine cos you seem like a wise man. Nowdays schools cant do that, I mean pinpoint those weaker ones. Surely kenna complain by their parents.

Your words are exactly the same as many of my friends. They laugh at me that I've been MJ training Zac for more than a near full term. LOL :)

I see that you are also using those 'smileys' now...hehehe ;p

Anonymous said...

very very interesting indeed!

J@n!ce said...

Erisha : Thanks for the interesting tag. I really have fun doing it :) :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Mariuca's right. It is called, sleep paralysis. I've experienced it like 5 times in total, a couple years ago. When i was about 13. I'm 17 now, and good thing its not happening to me anymore. :) Funny thing, i actually thought of the same thing! That i might be like, getting possesed or something. Bec., i really had no idea. Until a couple weeks later, i saw an episode of sleeping disorders over the Discovery channel! Hahaha.

Wow, we actually have more things in common, than i thought. :) We could both be a bit... clumsy and have those moments that we end up making people laugh, even if we didn't mean to. Hahaha wow, i'm not alone. :) I could realte to your experinces, very much. So CHEERS to us! Hihihi

Oh and, thanks for the tag. :) That should be really interesting. I'll totally have fun. Am gonna do it in my spare time. :D

J@n!ce said...

Joyce, I think we are all suffering from this 'sleep paralysis'. Good thing that I don't experience it now at my own home. Everyday is a tiring day to me. The moment I lie on the bed will get to sleep easily sometimes only wake up the next morning. My sleep is uninterrupted, unless my boy wakes me up for his pee.

Haha, we are all clumsy ...LOL.
I cant wait to see what are the 10 things that happened to you :D

Bobby Revell said...

I haven't forgotten to do this post! I'll have it out very soon:)

Trinity said...

I think you are funny and cheerful mommy.. :-)

#7 I eat long bean until now.. ;-) coz I never swallow that worm! hahaha..

#8 I also afraid of dog. Just hear them bark has scared me because I feel surprised every time they bark..

I also been tag by missquote.. will do it today..

J@n!ce said...

Bobby : Good that you rem!! Cant wait to see your 10 things :)

Trinity : I love your name!! Wait till you happen to bite on a worm, then you will forever scare of LONG bean already...haha :D
Welcome to the 'scare of dog' community. I will check out yours :)

FL Sam said...

Hi Janice, I finally find time to complete this tag awhile ago. :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape