Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-08-15

Fly KITE : Part II

....continued from yesterday's post Fly KITE : Part I


Thank you to those who have dropped by to give their little support to Zac & given suggestions to soothe his dissapointment.
Here are the responses :

1) Nafa/Roger - Steal the fly-able kite from friend
2) Nafa - Contribute a Nafa doggie kite for Zac
3) Jesse - Give Zac snack or toy
4) Marzie/Jean - Bring their pets over to cheer up Zac
5) Endoh - Make a new kite & troubleshoot what went wrong
6) Stay-At-Home Mum - Get professional help to make a kite or re-position stick again
7) Shern's mom/Babyfion- Try making one again
8) EastCoastLife - Mummy help Zac to make one
9) Karen - Educate Zac, tell him... to achieve, need constant trying, don't be afriad of failure, eventually will succeed.
10) Sam Chan/Lili/Janice NW/Rachel - Keep on trying
11) Jenny/Sweetpea - Buy one from store

The 2 comment which I kinda like are from :

1) Jas. This is what she said "I still love the kite he made, whether it flies or no."
2) Trinity said "auntie Trinity love his kite, and it should be framed instead of make it fly.. ;-)that kite is too cute to fly. :-D "

A special thanks to Carlo, Chin Nee, Colleen, Girle, Nick, Seiche & The New Parent, April for sharing their thoughts to the post too.
Have you thought what I thought?

I went to purchase a NEW kite the next day.

So Jenny & Sweetpea. BINGO !! :) :)

The kite is huge, the length of the kite is nearly as long as Zac's height.
It cost us S$15 for the kite & $10.50 for the string.
The latter is costly bcos the string are attached with a 'turner' for ease of releasing & retrieving :)
We went to Marina South to fly the kite, it was a HOT afternoon.
Its been years since I last landed there. The whole place is so deserted. I heard from the uncle who sold us the kite that the whole stretch of shophouses will be vacant by end of this year... sigh!!

So that trip could be our last time there...

We finally have a KITE that can SOAR but of course at a price ... hehe ;p

I think it was worthwhile!! I din know flying kite could be so FUN. After that, I could feel my arms aching from the constant pulling & retrieving the rope. You must be thinking how come Zac wasn't flying the kite? Haha...
The GIANT kite just too huge for him to manage. :D






The 2 boys were ecstatic, kept staring at the kite & running all over ...



Zac was sweating under the hot sun. He was too tired for expression.

He didn't fly the kite but he watched HIS KITE soar *yeah*

I think that was a great achievement !!

Do you think I make his day ?

57 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

Mariuca said...

Ha ha ha Jan, looks like u had more fun with the kite than the kids! So yes, YOU did make their day! Good idea to just buy a new kite, but next time make sure Zac does the flying ok! LOL :):):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

LOL! yeah, jan! you're like big happy kid. haha...
i missed flying kite!! i wan one!!! :(
if i were zac, i would snatch the kite frm u and fly myself. but being a kid, i think Zac had as much fun as you did. Great move, mom! :)

emilayusof said...

Janice! Sorry I missed to comment on Part I!! Poor Zac! But I am glad that he has a new kite. The old kite is so adorable and you should hang it on the wall.

Adrian said...

Janice! I'm sorry too for missing your post on the kite that wouldn't fly! :(

I glad that you got Zac another one although I just see you playing with it LOL Looks like you had more fun than he did! LOL Bet he won't "share" it with you next time :)

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I will buy another smaller one so that Zac could fly with me together !!

Jean : He actually did snatch the kite from me, but I he retreated after seeing how BIG & difficult. He prefer to watch the kite from afar.... hehe ;p

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Its alright, you're not too late now that you are here for the ending part. I will keep the kite that he made for remembrance :)

Adrian : It was really enjoyable despite the HOT day. I bet we would enjoy the breeze & played longer if it was a less sunny day :)

Anonymous said...

haha jan, what a great mom you are. Wish my mom can go fly kite with me...

J@n!ce said...

Jerry : Thanks. I want to fly kite with my mum too :)

WaterLearner said...

eh .. the new kite for you or for Zac?

J@n!ce said...

Karen : For Zac but he couldn't control it. So I fly for him. It is really difficult to control. The kite kept going towards the tree there & I have to shout for my hub to help me... LOL :)

KennetH said...

It quite a long time didt play kite already

J@n!ce said...

Kenneth : Me 2...I don't think I will rem that there is such a fun activity if not for my boy's school arts :)
However, I think I will go again cos it is really enjoyable :D

RW said...

Hey that looks like a lot of fun that's to bad it was to much kite for the boy's but they will get bigger! Now I am going to go fly a kite :D

Anonymous said...

Aww, looks like they were LOVIN' it! Janice you really do have the cutest two kids in the world! You are so funny! I just flew a kite with my little cousin over the 4th of July and it is a lot of fun, but you are right, my arms were TIRED! It takes some muscle to keep those things under control, of course my kiting experience ended with a tree mishap! LOL! Glad you had fun, looks like the guys had a good time! Take care!

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Careful when you fly those kite over your side. Don't let it hit the rocksssss....hehe ;p

Barrett : It sure was fun but tired after that. The arms were so aching. Oh NO !! The worst scenerio is to get the kite stuck at the tree. LOL :)
It really needs some skills there :)
Better luck next time ...

Por Por Channel said...

cant remembered when is the last time i fly a kite :D

so free and relax ......
nice fields too!

J@n!ce said...

Cheeky : The open field were once so popular with regular kite flyers. However, due to renovation works. The place is getting so deserted now. sigh !!

Unknown said...

Good on you Mum! I doubt many mummies actually make the effort to spend time with your boys like this.

J@n!ce said...

Jas : For me, I make an effort to bring the boys out for some outdoor activty every weekend if nothing pops up ;)
It can end up very tiring with 2 young boys but I love to see them enjoying & sweating out !! :)

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Check out my kite pictures at a big park in Kepong, Malaysia. http://www.hot-screensaver.com/2007/08/10/taman-metropolitan-kepong/

Sam Chan said...

Hi Janice,
Thanks for sharing the happy moments. Well, the kite and the string are expensive if you and your son only gonna fly the kite once! Do let Zac fly the kite when it has reached great height. It will be even more enjoyable!

Anyway, you did make a great day for Zac! Nowadays there are not many who is willing to go under the hot sun for their children. You are indeed showing a great example of a great mom. Keep it up!

Best wishes
Sam Chan

J@n!ce said...

Neo : I've check it out, thanks :)

Sam Chan : We bought the kite, so we could keep it for flying again. We have an open field near our house here & buying a kite has long been on our list. Now that we have it, we will fly often to fully utilise it...hehe ;p

Thanks for your sweet words :)

Trinity said...

good mom... bless the children who has a thoughtful mom like you.

As parents we indeed hv to spend as many time as we can with our children... and having fun! Children's world is fun world, and they will grow healthily if they are having fun...

have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Fly kite is really fun, long time don't play....
U guys had a wonderful moment! :P

J@n!ce said...

Trinity : Children's world is FUN world. That is very true !! We should immense ourselves in those dreamland once in a while :D

MW : Next time you go fly kite with donkey. I think she will like it :D

NafaSg said...

Hey i saw your article already! Haha! Zac reminds me of myself. When the weather gets hot, that is how i would look like. ;p

Wow mummy and sons had a great time huh? So sad that the Marina South shophouses are going to be closed. But glad that u could enjoy the best of the place there for the last time. And most of all, i am happy that Zac can finally see his kite fly, fly, fly!!! =)

J@n!ce said...

Lady Nafa : You always remind me of your *blush*... so dainty !! :)
You got fair complexion also? My impression of you is a glow of shiny tan leh, those sporty gal type !!
Ya loh, marina south is gonna be history soon. I duno what is gg to be the new development leh...

You are right, Zac can finally see his kite fly fly liao. That is the BEST part *yeah* !! *hug* to you :)

NafaSg said...

Janice...you are very sporty also. A sporty mum who likes to bring her kids outdoors like kite flying at Marina South! =)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Hey Janice, at least you managed to solve the problem. I feel like going and making a kite and flying one right this very minute! Glad your boys had a great time.

J@n!ce said...

Lady Nafa : Yes, I kinda like outdoor activities at times. I feel good sweating it out & getting some sun shine. But I can never get a tan glow on my skin. I only feels RED. like a lobster... wahahaha :D

Nick : It is good to be spending some family times together. You feel good & proud of yourself that the kids are happy after that :)

mr fong said...

Hello,ur boy looks SO cute in the pic,like jap kid like that leh.Haha :)

You are a good mommie.

J@n!ce said...

Winston : Thanks, yah... pple say he look like a jap esp when he sweat like that :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Hope you don't mind I tagged you on this 5 Old

Posts Meme... Enjoy and have fun !

Visit my blog to know more... =)

Cheers, keeyit

FL Sam said...

Like what Marzie commented, you look to have more fun from the pictures. Anyway, your kids surely enjoy watching the mama fly kite. When I was young, I enjoy flying Kite too.

This Aug 19, 2007, my club organised a Kite Flying and Durian Day for memebers, I gonna fly Kite soon too. :)

J@n!ce said...

Keeyit : Sure, I will hop over to take a look :)

Uncle Sam : You are finally back to visit my blog...
Wow, kite flying cum durian day...whole loads of fun then. Rem to take more pic to show us :D

One Wacky Mom said...

I linked into you too! This is such a sweet story! Oh what I wouldn't do to have my boys this age again. HOld them tight and enjoy them now. For they grow up soooooooooo very fast. People would say taht to me and I didn't understand. It's soooo true!

J@n!ce said...

Ev Nucci : These would be memories to us once they grow older... we have something to look back on the joy that we once enjoyed & cherished !! :)

Blur Ting said...

You're such a great mummy! I love your graphics (header of your blog). Really nice!

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely day u must had! I bet u really made his days! ^.^
good mummy..

J@n!ce said...

Blur Ting : Thanks for your words :)

Chin : Thanks, it was really an enjoyable day !! :)

Anonymous said...

He must be really happy to watch it fly.

J@n!ce said...

Ed : That's right, he was so excited !! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks very fun! I long time no fly kite...Must bring my son to fly one someday...

J@n!ce said...

MT : Very fun, you will not regret. But maybe wait till your boy is older lah. Amos is not playing now too, he is watching... too small lah !! :)

Trix said...

I tried to tell you I was looking forward to seeing part 2, but lost my connection as it was going thru! I see here that you are being so sweet and doing all the 'hard work' for your little angels.I applaud you, you are a super-mommy, and that slim little body makes me remember: I need to visit the GYM more often !:) your family is awesone and these pics help us share your special moments. Thanks Janice :)

J@n!ce said...

Jesse, looks like you can trash your isp... LOL... forever giving you problem!! :(

Please don't envy my body cos I am not that fantastic as you think. I still got tons of those maternity fats gg around & clinging tightly to me... sigh !!

Glad that you enjoy viewing the pic. Happy to hear that I could share my joy with my friends through some of the activities I had with my family :)

Chinneeq said...

Finally it is flying high!!!! U must be trilled!!

stay-at-home mum said...

Now you ar upset, you can tell them to go fly kite!

J@n!ce said...

Chin Nee : Really thrilled to see the BIG Kite in the sky :D

SAHM : Next time all of us fly kite together...haha :D

milkmaid said...

First time here ~ nice blog u have, and I agree with most here : looks like you had the most fun!

J@n!ce said...

Milkmaid : Thanks for the visit & kind words :)

haha... the boys actually have fun too but I was busy flying the kite & din managed to take photos of them :D

Leena said...

wah, at last!

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : *phew* finally... ;p

Eehui said...

lol i never really fly a kite myself (cheated by flying it from a tall building with strong winds hehe)... i like the 2nd picture!

J@n!ce said...

Lasi : Thanks. Good idea to fly from a tall building. LOL :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Wonderful photos! I'm glad you had a wonderful time flying a new kite. You did well and I admire how you made it your goal to make your children happy.

J@n!ce said...

Rachel : I will always try if I could to make them happy & enjoy their childhood. This is my goal & I'm glad that I managed to do it most of the time. Thanks for your sweet words :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape