Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

2007-08-30

Free voucher, you make me busy !!


Eating this fruit sundae from Haagan Dazs was not an easy attempt....
All bcos this Fri is the last day to use the S$10 voucher I redeemed from Starhub.
I have been conveniently forgetting to use it until the last min. I quickly bring the boys out seeing that it is a good weather to have some cold dessert.

We travelled 2 hrs to & fro just bcos mama wanted to use the vouchers... sorry kiddos... LOL!!
The nearest outlet from our house is that far by bus. *sob*

Actually, if I were to take into account the travel fare & time (time is money mah!!) it is actually not worth the rush down ....

But bcos the voucher is to redeem Zac's favourite dessert. I felt like I have to make it for him... :D


Luckily, it was really yummylicious.... within mins, Zac gobbled up ALL :)~~~


Seeing his satisfied look made me felt that ALL is worthwhile ... ....

Moral of the story : Don't wait till the last min to use your vouchers :)

53 Hugs for Amos & Zac:

NafaSg said...

Hi Jan!!!

We saw the ice cream..we saw the ice cream... but what was that fruit on top of the ice cream? Can't be apple right?

Abt the vouchers, yeah u shouldn't use them at the very last min. Some of us here had experienced it before n told ourselves that it should not happen again. Well it's ok to learn from mistakes! But at least Zac eventually enjoyed the tutty fruity ice cream. =)

darlene said...

ah ..what a great Mommy YOU are!!...
next week play "whats cooking wednesday "
with me so i can linc ya from my site!...today was a chicken surprise....lol

Sam Chan said...

Indeed, it is not Free like you said "Time is money".

Well, I believe everybody knows that Free Voucher is another business tactic. When people have the feeling of sorry for not utilizing the free voucher, that's where the company that offer free voucher had finally achieve it objective. There will be normally a scenarios of not having enough free voucher for all family members. Thus many will then have to purchase with their own money! Besides, if it taste so good, many will return for more in the future.

Anyway, you are indeed a great mummy taking all the trouble to please your children!

Best Wishes to you, Janice.

WaterLearner said...

Haha ... At least it's for Good Ice Cream. And look at how Zac simply delighting in its sweetness!!

And yes .. don't rush to use vouchers last minute.

Blessings!

J@n!ce said...

Nafa : There are 3 thin slices of green apples, 1 scoop of strawberry ice-cream another scoop of cookies n cream & some assorted fruit (strawberry & peach) at the below. That cost S$9.90 !! :)

I'm usually quite fast in using the vouchers, this could be an exceptional case bcos the outlet is not within my vicinity so will have a tendency to leave out the voucher for the time being until the very last min :(

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Darlene : Hehe... that's so interesting. The problem with me being a lousy & lazy cook. All the cooking are done by my helper. Let me see what I could do. Thanks for rem me & asking me to join in the fun:)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Sam : That's so true about those voucher. 70% of the time we will have to top up our own money bcos of over exceeding the voucher price. :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Adrian said...

Janice Supermom! The dessert looks so yummy! It's Making me hungry! Next time share a little ok! LOL Cheers!

J@n!ce said...

Karen : I may just give the voucher a miss if it is ice-cream from another vendor. I love haagan dazs ice-cream mah.... :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Adrian : hehe, I was thinking actually whether to get 1 pint take away in the first place. That cost S$12+ but look so much more worth. However, the thought of another dragging 1hr+ journey home just puts me off. In the end, I just grab a really nice looking one for Zac to eat there :)

The photo of the ice-cream was specially taken to share with all of you guys. Sometimes food is best appreciated from their look without tasting... hehe ;p

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Jared said...

The ice cream seems so delicious.. Yummy.. hungry now ~..~

J@n!ce said...

Jerry : Its good to enjoy a cold dessert on a HOT day :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow, you are a great mom indeed! :)) the ice-cream looks yummylicious.. :)

JeanChia SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Jean : Really not easy with the journey part & bringing 2 kids along on a LONG journey (considered long in my small country). Luckily everything turns out well & the kids are so happy. Amos is very excited too. I will post about Amos tmr. He is such a cutie :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hello from the SpeedyCat!
This looks so fun, I think I need a late night treat myself.
Also...I wanted to let you know that I see your positive personality all over the blog community - through comments, and from what others say about you. I would like to join in, and tell you that your warm and fun personality are a joy to see.

(Very cute photo of the kids too)!!!

See you later WonderMom

kegler747 said...

Hi Janice! this post is very timely and thanks for reminding me. I have a gift certificate for 2 nights stay at Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City which I got for winning a raffle in a marketing convention. The problem is, it is a 2hrs flight away from Manila.

I have to weigh the pros and cons. The certificate is worth US$200 so it will be a waste if I will not use it.

J@n!ce said...

Speedycat : Thanks for your sweet note here. I rem you as the one person first to visit my blog back then. If you still rem. How time flies ... You are a very good friend to me with always bringing laughter. I'm glad to have found you too :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Congrates on your winning tickets. How nice for such a good prize stay over at a hotel. I understand your concern to that. You must be having a headache now, always the case with free things along the way. 2 hrs flight should be an easy one for you since you are always on the plane? Have fun & enjoy...

Janiceng SEO Traffic

emilayusof said...

Yummy!

J@n!ce said...

Emila : Ex but nice :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Old Beng said...

My cha-bo-lang also same like you, always wait until last minute then rush here rush there to use those vouchers.

J@n!ce said...

Old Beng : LOL !! So funny you use the word "cha bo lang" make me laughing. :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

RW said...

Hey I want some ice cream Jan :D

J@n!ce said...

Roger : Hehe... sure. Here's some for you, Tado & Ouzo :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Mariuca said...

Hi Janice! Ha ha ha, I sometimes forget all about my vouchers and lose the chance to redeem them too!

Ice cream looks yummylicious indeed! Bet the boys had a great time satisfying their sweet cravings! Have a great day Janice! What do u have planned for the kids today I wonder?


Mariuca SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : I just missed another S$100 from credit card redemption. It was a huge lost !! :(
Today will be at home cos the weather is bad again ...

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Aiyah Nonya said...

Hi ! First time leaving my mark here.

The ice cream looks yummy. I think I will bring mine for ice cream too. Gone, my diet ! :)

Have a nice day.

J@n!ce said...

Nonya : Thanks for your line here :)
Haha, sinful dessert really makes one skip their diet for a while :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Ice-cream looks delicious. And judging by the pictures, the 2 hour travel time sure looks worthwhile ...

Anonymous said...

I love ice-cream, *go n buy one afterward* :P

J@n!ce said...

Nick : You are absolutely right !! I have to admit that the journey was indeed a tough one, the 2 boys fell asleep in the bus on the way home. Luckily Zac woke up in time, I cant imagine I got to carry him all the way home :)

MW : So cute !! I see that you love ice-cream too. Rem to get one for donkey also :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Crazed Nitwit said...

Soper duper yummy. I changed my template again, see if that helps. I had a terrible, no good, awful day yesterday. It's all on the blog.

Hugs for you, Amos and Zach. You're a good momy to getthem icecream!

MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jan,

Nice title! For me, i always forgot to use the free vouchers and when i found it during spring cleaning days, all the vouchers have expired! Maybe i could sort and place them somewhere or give them all away.

J@n!ce said...

MT : Next time you passed the vouchers to me lah. I use for you, hehe ;p

Janiceng SEO Traffic

lilifxt said...

hi janice zac enjoyed his icecream it all worthwhile seeing that satisying look its all that matters

Blessings!

Chinneeq said...

i sometimes keep till overdue, hahaha!

J@n!ce said...

Lili : You are rite, what we are doing are all for the kids. The satisfying look is what it matters :)

Chin Nee : Me 2 loh, until last min then realized left a few days & start to panic :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Janice NW : Ok, I will check out again hope it don't kick me out again. :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Mariuca said...

Jan! Once I lost 65,000 points from my HSBC credit card! Heartpain I tell you!!!! :(:(:(

conan_cat said...

haagen daaz is ALWAYS good XD i'm dreaming to get that voucher lor, can i have it nxt time you don't want it? lol...

and nevermind ler, 2 hours i'm sure that it's all worthwhile for that ice cream and that happy face on your bb :D

J@n!ce said...

Marzie : How much is the 65K points from HSBC worth in $$? Seems a lot leh. You missed the redemption period is it? Sometimes within a few days maybe can just call back to explain? :)

Conan_cat : I don't dare to redeem Haagen daz voucher now cos scare similar things will happen. I rather redeem those vendor that are accessible to my house... hehe ;p

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Anonymous said...

yummy... I've never eaten Haagen daz before, but from the pic they look so scrumptious... yum yum.
well, let see, my weight is now at 98 kg... hmm, so still can put in another 2 kg before the big 100. mmmm ice creammmmmm

promise now, if they had to do a triple heart bypass on me, you come and visit tau :D

J@n!ce said...

Joe : Are you sure you are 98kg now? You don't look like, must be kidding me rite? haha :D

You should try the ice-cream, really yummy :)~~

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Anonymous said...

well, this morning I weight in at 95.5kg..so now it must have ballooned to 98 I guess, after all that satay kajang....

well, it doesnt sem so as my height is nearly 1.9m, so I guess I really do look like a stunted giant :lol:

err..I wanna ask you this, what the SEO traffic thing you always sign your comments with. I've checked the source code, it's just a normal link. Care to explain...I'm really baffled

kegler747 said...

Hi Janice, its your fault that me and my sister are now booked for a 2 hr. flight for Davao City this evening just to use our 3days/2night stay at Marco Polo Hotel. hahaha! It's a very compulsive decision on our part so the air tickets cost more than 30% than the usual :)

Have a great weekend!!!

J@n!ce said...

Joe : hehe... you are in fact the 3rd person to ask me about that. Well, I'm not too good at explaining stuff like this which I learned from my teacher, Bobby (http://revellian.com).

It has something to do with the "U comment, I follow" thing. This link will adds on more effectively for that matter. I hope this helps in clearing some doubts in you. I should get Bobby to write something on this so that we could all learn. Its class time again... hehe ;p

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Mike : Thank you so much for the invitation. Let me check out the link & reply from there. :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

J@n!ce said...

Carlo : Sorry for being partly responsible for that costly ticket to fly over to Davao City. Do take some photos of the place to show us. I hope you have a good & safe trip. Take Care :)

Janiceng SEO Traffic

Anonymous said...

Janice- That is hilarious! I would have done the same thing! I will go to great lengths to use my gift certificates and coupons! Tehe, my procrastination by nature doesn't help the process! Take care, looks like Zac is a happy camper!

Anonymous said...

omg! wow. that ice cream looks so tempting and delicious. now i feel like getting some gelato from lekka lekka! =). enjoy yr weekend! send hugs n kisses 2 Zac & Amos

J@n!ce said...

Erisha : Its really very tempting that I took a few little scoops from him too... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Leena said...

wow, 2 hours just for the ice cream. mommy, you're great.

J@n!ce said...

Shern's Mom : Really a LONG journey right? Luckily it was worthwhile & my boys enjoy the trip :)

Janice Ng

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape